With energy prices on the rise, it’s helpful for residents to understand good energy usage practices and the support that’s available if they are struggling to pay bills.
The energy cafés take place online on the first Thursday of each month from 10:00am – 12:00pm.
Residents will receive advice on:
- What to do if customers are struggling to pay energy bills
- How to make sure a home is energy-efficient
- Keeping a home free from condensation and mould growth
- The best boiler controls for heating a home efficiently
- Where to access grants and benefits to help support with paying energy bills
- Agencies that provide extra support and guidance
Digital Inclusion Sessions
The sessions provide residents with the skills to access resources, support, and financial tools necessary for them in their everyday lives.
The sessions are split up into two parts:
- Staying in touch – creating an email, installing mobile apps such as WhatsApp and Zoom
- Online shopping – how to set up shopping accounts, PayPal accounts
These 1-hour sessions are designed to support residents to write a CV from scratch, teaching the importance of tailoring a CV to the individual job role they are applying for.
Looking for a new job opportunity or want help with writing a CV? Our sessions can help with this and more.
In partnership with Speaker for Schools, we offer work experience placements twice a year, so that students can gain insights into the world of work and gain key skills and experience.
Our apprentice programmes are designed to build the practical, academic and communication skills that will help you develop your career. Check out our careers page to find out the current apprenticeship opportunities.