Morgan Sindall Group creates new property services division
Construction and regeneration group Morgan Sindall Group plc has today launched Morgan Sindall Property Services, a new business division to deliver an extended range of property support and facilities management services.
Morgan Sindall Property Services expands the current service offering of the Group’s Response Maintenance business – previously Lovell Repairs and Maintenance. The bringing together of repairs and maintenance and facilities management services under the Morgan Sindall banner also opens significant new development opportunities for the Group and its other business divisions to offer property support services to a wider client base.
Building on the Group’s strong commitment to its customers, Morgan Sindall Property Services will also offer increased customer value through the delivery of a more focused, personal service locally, supported by the national strength of the Morgan Sindall Group. It will be led by managing director Gary Lester, who has extensive experience in the housing maintenance and support services sector. Gary joined the business in 2014 from Mears Group where he was chief operating officer for the company’s Specialist Services business.
Morgan Sindall Property Services managing director Gary Lester.
The launch of Morgan Sindall Property Services is backed by major investment in business systems, including a new IT platform which will drive performance efficiencies and provide new levels of customer access.
Morgan Sindall Property Services managing director Gary Lester says: “Our aim is to deliver services which set a new standard for the sector. As Morgan Sindall Property Services, we can offer customers a flexible and responsive, personal service delivered locally, backed by the strength of leading construction and regeneration group Morgan Sindall Group plc.
“Over the past six months, there has already been significant investment, including the start of work on our new IT platform, to ensure that we provide the highest levels of service and value to our customers.
“The rebrand continues that work as well as bringing considerable opportunities for business development.”
Construction and regeneration group Morgan Sindall Group plc has launched Morgan Sindall Property Services, a new business division which will deliver an extended range of property support and facilities management services.
Editor’s notes: Morgan Sindall Property Services is a trading division of Lovell Partnerships Ltd and the service provider for leading UK construction and regeneration group Morgan Sindall Group plc. Morgan Sindall Property Services delivers the full range of planned and responsive maintenance services nationwide to local authority and housing associations including repairs and maintenance; void property repairs; PFI schemes; preventative maintenance; gas and electrical servicing and repairs; facilities and estate management and mechanical and electrical services. The division employs over 500 staff across the UK. Its head office is in Sheffield with further offices in Leeds, Dumfries and Elstree.
Major contracts include:
- A £30 million, 25-year facilities management PFI contract for the provision of supported living accommodation for Leeds Independent Living Company in Leeds (LiLAC).
- A £23 million, 25-year housing PFI partnership to regenerate and manage housing stock across Grove Village in Ardwick, Manchester for Grove Village Ltd, the consortium delivering the scheme for Manchester City Council.
- A £32.8 million total turnover contract with the Solutions 4 North Tyneside consortium to deliver facilities management services for a major sheltered housing development and improvement project in North Tyneside over a 28-year period.
- A five-year £22 million contract with Estuary Housing Association to provide repairs services to Estuary’s stock of over 3,900 homes in Essex, Greater London and Suffolk.
- A £50 million, 10-year contract providing responsive repairs services to 8,800 homes in the West Midlands, Hereford, Worcester and the surrounding areas for Accord Housing Association.
- An £8 million contract for reactive maintenance, emergency cover and other works with Grwp Gwalia Cyfyngedig for 2,500 properties in Swansea and south west Wales. The four-year contract which commenced in 2012 has the option for a further two-year extension.